I’m such a big fan of the Norwegian progressive band Leprous! I pre-ordered their latest album, The Congregation, and I couldn’t be happier that I did.
I’m not a reviewer and I don’t pretend to be one, I just want to share with you some of the characteristics I love about this band and this album because I think if you like my music you might like it as well 🙂 So here we go:
- The music is progressive and unpredictable, but not for the sake of showing of technical skill; it’s always in function of the song.
- It’s also incredibly melodic, and has some marvelous choruses and hooks without it being overly cheesy.
- The songs have a beautiful hint of drama and tension to them.
- Musicianship and production are top notch!
- Einar’s vocals are OUTSTANDING; there’s so much variation and emotion to them.
Check out their first videoclip here below, you can order this brilliant album from InsideOut.